Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Nyman, J. (2018) ‘Rethinking energy, climate and security: a critical analysis of energy security in the United States’, Journal of International Relations and Development, 21(1).
- Nyman, J. (2016) ‘What is the value of security? Contextualizing the negative/positive debate’, Review of International Studies, 42(5).
- Nyman, J. and Zeng, J. (2016) ‘Securitization in Chinese energy and climate politics’, WIREs Climate Change, 7(2). **
- Nyman, J. (2014) ‘Red Storm Ahead: Securitisation of energy in US-China relations’, Millennium: Journal of International Studies, 42(3).
** a translation of this paper has been accepted for publication in China, in Strategy and Management 战略与管理]
- Nyman, J. (2018) ‘Securitization’ in Williams, Paul D. and McDonald, Matt (eds) Security Studies: An Introduction, 3rd Edition, London and New York: Routledge.
- Nyman J. (2017) ‘Energy security in an age of environmental change’, in Stevenson, H. and Corry, O. (eds), Traditions and Trends in Global Environmental Politics: IR and the Earth, London: Routledge
- Nyman, J. and Burke, A. (2016) ‘Introduction: Imagining Ethical Security Studies’ in Nyman, J. and Burke, A. (eds) Ethical Security Studies, London and New York: Routledge.
- Nyman, J. (2016) ‘Pragmatism, practice and the value of security’ in Nyman, J. and Burke, A. (eds) Ethical Security Studies, London and New York: Routledge.
- Nyman, J. (2016) ‘Energy Security under Obama: Some hope, but not much change’, in Holland, J. and Bentley, M. (eds) The Obama Doctrine: Legacy and continuity in US foreign policy, London and New York: Routledge.
- Nyman, J. (2013) ‘Securitisation Theory’ in Shepherd, L.J. (ed) Critical Approaches to Security: Theories and Methods, London and New York: Routledge, p51-62.
I have presented my research at a number of national and international conferences, in Europe, the United States, and Asia.